Monday, March 8

Brought to you by the letter M

Over the last 6 months, I've been sick three times now, which is not usual for me.

I am one of the healthy people in my family. It can be a span of two years or more before I grace the doors of my doctor's office for help and medication. I pay a pretty penny for "just-in-case" medical insurance...and that's fine with me. Better safe than sorry.

However back in October I was struck down by the swine flu (theoretically) and felt miserable for a week. Then last month when I went to California to visit my grandparents, I had some kind of 24 hour flu that was not pretty and involved me needing to empty everything from my internal system. And now, I have a cold.

I have the stuffy runny nose, I can't breath except through my mouth, my head feels bloated and weighted, don't start sneezing because I won't stop, and I have the cognitive alertness of a slug, type of cold. Plus whenever I have a cold, I can't even pronouce my own name correctly. Something about forming the letter "M" doesn't work when conjested. Good times.

Whenever I get sick or just feel yucky, there is one thing that normally sounds good to me.
Warm orange juice.
Trust me on this...warm orange juice tastes good, is soothing to the throat, and of course, offers the vitamins that the doctors ordered. Just pour some in a microwavable mug. Zap it for a minute, stir, see if it's hot enough and zap it another 30 seconds or so, if needed.
I had some this morning.
Now I just need to get through the day.

No comments: