- I have been able to Skype twice with my Oasis friends and boys. That has been a lovely blessing although both times I have felt a bit homesick for them afterwards.
- My friends and I had a taco night at which I was asked to teach my friends how to make homemade tortillas. The tortillas turned out beautifully. The tacos were delicious. The fellowship was great!
- Coffee dates with friends. Coffee. Friends. Win-win!
- Reconnecting with my church. There are many new people and so it has been great to meet some new people, while seeing other friends. Also having sermons and song time in English has been lovely.
- Speaking of which, the sermon series that my pastor is taking us through. It is a series on the book and person of Nehemiah. Most weeks I walk away thinking that the sermon is so applicable to where I am in life: knowing what passions God has given me, praying, waiting, and speaking when the opportunity arises. It's been nice to have my heart for Mexico, especially the Oasis boys, reaffirmed through the sermon.
- While in town, I am staying with a dear friend and her husband. She was my mentor for two years, I think, through which a great friendship developed. She and her husband graciously opened up their house for the 4 months (!!) that I am in WA. It has been not only a blessing but fun as well.
I think that is all for now. Hope you have a blessed day!