Friday, March 5

Going Ons in my Kitchen

I have been a cooking maniac these past two weeks. Some stuff are honestly not worth mentioning...experiments that turned out okay but not great.

But here is a sample of my recent menu:

Monday: I made curry chicken. Yum! I used the packet below, so I didn't do anything from scratch really. But if you love curry and can find this, buy it! So good and so easy. It comes in three heat levels...I usually get Medium Hot which isn't bad at all.











Thursday: I made Chicken Spinach Enchiladas with a Salsa Verde sauce. I made the Salsa Verde on Saturday and was looking for a way to use it. It turned out pretty tasty.

Tomorrow: I'm going to make a Pot Roast and at some point this weekend, White Chocolate Lemon Scones (see below--only I'm leaving out the blueberries this time and will use Lemon Juice and Lemon Peel instead).

White Chocolate Blueberry Scones

3/4 cup (175 mL) sour cream
1 egg
2 3/4 cups (675 mL) flour
4 tsp (20 mL) baking powder
1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
1/2 cup (125 mL) butter or margarine
1 cup (250 mL) blueberries, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
white chocolate, coarsely chopped (no idea how much)
1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter, melted
1/4 cup (60 mL) powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Beat sour cream and egg in small bowl and set aside. In large bowl, measure flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles small peas. Mix in blueberries, sugar, and white chocolate. Add sour cream mixture and stir until soft dough forms. Using your hands, form dough into a large ball and place on floured surface. Pat out to 1" (2.5 cm) thickness. Cut in 4" (10 cm) rounds. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake scones for 15-20 minutes. The dough will be soft. It will seem to need more flour. And you will have to use a lot of flour to help roll out dough and cut into rounds.While still warm, brush with butter and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes 8 large scones or 10-12 smaller ones. Enjoy!

No comments: