Thursday, July 21

Spiritual Gifts

I've always enjoyed studying and learning and thinking about spiritual gifts. It's probably because I enjoy taking personality quizzes and other such tools to learn about how I'm wired.

**Spiritual gifts are those gifts/traits that the Holy Spirit gives, once you are a follower of Christ. The purpose of those gifts is to edify the body of Christ and to minister to the world around us. This is where the church working together as one body becomes important...the Holy Spirit has given you gifts that I do not have, and visa versa.

So, two Sunday's ago, I was downstairs teaching Sunday school to the kiddos and missed the sermon. I was told twice that week that I should listen to it. So this past Sunday, I picked up a CD copy and the topic is spiritual gifts. Here are some of the questions that the guest preacher asked:
  1. What opportunities does God keep placing before you?
  2. What have others said that you do well?
  3. What need or passion regularly gets you engaged?
  4. In what areas do you have an appetite to be trained?
  5. What's the next step?
In case you'd like a good spiritual gifts test, try this one. It's fairly decent and offers good descriptions of your gifts, at the end.

Anyhow, this sermon has filled my thoughts. I'm facing a fairly big move with all the financial obligations of that commitment. And I'm wondering how this pursuit fits into the those questions above.

No comments: