Monday, July 18

Things I'm Thankful For

For the past, I don't know, two (?) months, I have felt an emptiness in regards to this blog...like I have nothing to share. I can't even tell you how many times I've opened up a "new post" page, stared at it with nothing coming to mind, and then closed it all down again. I've even contemplated shutting her down but I am normally a thinker/processor who likes to do so in written form. So I'm not shutting her down but nor can I predict if or when an influx of consistent inspiration might hit.

Hey, if push comes to shove, I'll be making a cross-country trip at the end of the year...that should provide material worth writing about...

Anyhow, so for today, I thought I'd share some things that I'm thankful for:
  • finishing a baby blanket that I am actually quite pleased with
  • sermons that challenge and affirm what God is teaching me
  • summer produce...yum and yum
  • free time which allows me to volunteer in new ministries
  • people who speak into my life, whether directly or indirectly
  • an opportunity to see an old friend and her kiddos
  • fellowship that comes with my church family
  • anticipation of fun online purchases (a book and a TV show)
  • and for coffee...because without it, I wouldn't be where I am today. Thanks and God bless!
So what are you thankful for?

No comments: