Wednesday, June 22

Just what I needed.

The day had been long. And draining.
All I had been listening to, it seemed, was negativity and frustration. I spent most of the day looking at the clock, willing it to go just a bit faster, until the time that coworkers would leave, so that there could be peace and quiet.

All I wanted to do was to go home, alone, and veg out...watch a movie, read a book...relax and unwind.
But I had already committed myself for the evening.
I had agreed to go to a concert with my sister and I no longer wanted to go.
But the concert ended up being just what I needed!

The group we saw was Gungor.
Their songs and lyrics took me on a journey from focusing on self to God.
Below are some of the lyrics that spoke to me (from a variety of songs):

Jesus, You’re the one who saves us
Constantly creates us into something new
Jesus You’re the one who finds us
Surely our Messiah will make all things new

I'm looking for a place
that I can plant my faith
one thing I know for sure
 
please be my strength
please be my strength
I don't have anymore
I don't have anymore
My faith was torn to shreds
heart in the balance
but you were there

always faithful
always good
you still have me
you still have my heart

who is like the lord
the maker of the heavens
lover of my soul
who takes me from the ashes
who heals me of my blindness
who is like the Lord

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

Holy, Holy
Holy, Holy Lord the earth is Yours and singing
Holy, Holy
Holy, Holy Lord
The earth is Yours
The earth is Yours


All the above songs are from their new CD: Beautiful Things.













A little folkish, a little rockish, a whole lot good!

Anyhow, I have one extra copy, if anyone would like to have it.
Just leave me a note...and I'll connect with you about shipment.

You won't be disappointed if you get this CD (through my little give-away or otherwise)...but I suppose if you don't like it, you could probably find someone else who would be blessed by it.

Leave a note if you're interested in the CD.
Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

matt said...

I would love to have it, but if there is someone closer, that would make more sense. I also have access to a copy although not always. Great CD!