Tuesday, January 11

this and that, again

This Sunday, I'm teaching on Daniel 7-12.

My first thought was "woohoo...5 chapters instead of 20 or more (like Ezekiel 25-48)!" Then I looked at the content and my five chapters are all on Daniel's prophesies and visions...you know, the complex stuff.

No such stories of a lion's den, fiery furnaces, handsome young men with unwavering faith and obedience to God...I get the future of Israel, prophesies of the Messiah, and prophesies of end times. Please don't think I'm complaining...I'm truly not! This lesson will just require a bit more research than Daniel 1-6 would have required. But that's okay...I know that everything in the Bible is important so I'm eager to (re)learn what is in these 5 chapters and then find a way to enthusiastically teach it to the middle school students! Maybe I'll have them make or draw the four beasts (Daniel 7)...

----------

Something trivial...kind of...
I washed a new cardigan this past week and put it on today. It shrunk. The sleeves are short now and barely come to my wrists. The right side of the cardigan is shorter than the left side and the "ruffles" down the middle are super funky. Grrrr....
Of course I don't have the receipt but I'm going to stop at the store, see if they happen to still have it and hopefully switch. I think I'll hang dry it next time.

-----------

The name of the game is hungry or maybe it's waiting. My life, that is. I've been so busy with everything over the last couple months that I've managed to starve myself from the Life-Source, Jesus Christ. I need, need, need to spend time with Him. But I also feel like I'm in a waiting stage...waiting to see what is behind door #2. What venture is next? What path will God put me on? Who will I meet on that path? How will God use me? I feel like I'm at the start line and can't start the race, so to speak. Frustrating, just a bit. It helps to have trips coming up where I'll get to see people I miss and love...that provides a small distraction. But what happens if I'm still at the starting line at the end of June (after my two trips)? I know, I know..."do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God" (Philippians 4:6).

No comments: