Tuesday, June 22

Sunday at church my pastor's resignation was announced and I cried just about the entire service, not that I was surprised. My pastor's wife even hugged me before church started to which I told her that I fully expected to cry through August 29th...she offered one of her kleenex which I turned down. I have no shame in wiping tears with my hands or sleeves or just letting them fall. I got choked up before the announcement was even made, when we sang "Blessed be the name of the Lord...He gives and takes away...."

But what I did not account for was that when tears fall, my nose runs. Suddenly I was a mess in the middle of church. Thankfully my mom had tissue in her purse and rescued me. Then after the news, my pastor went on to preach "rejoice always, pray continually, and give thanks in all circumstances," wrapping up his I Thessalonians series...a timely message.

Even today, I've been mulling over future ministry ideas and it occurred to me that one person I should talk to about this would be my pastor. Immediately I was choked up thinking that my meetings with my pastor are numbered, unless he will counsel me on the side. My guess is that he'll encourage me to seek the counsel of the new pastor, once we have a new pastor...which I'm sure I'll do anyways in an attempt to establish that relationship.

You know, I'm beginning to think that change is overrated! I mean, sure, I want almost everything in my life to change but that's besides the point.

No comments: