Friday, February 5

Time on my hands

I just looked at my last post where I talked about doing Beth Moore's book club thing because "I will have time on my hands."

Oh geez...

I suppose it's all relative but between yesterday and today, I no longer believe that I'll have time on my hands. None. Whatsoever.

I will indeed be out of school until the middle of May and then that class goes until the beginning of July. Then I will be out of class from then until the end of August. The rest of the year, I'll be finishing up my Master's degree...woohoo!

However, during my non-school times, I have many great ideas and plans on what to do with my time.
  1. In August my class will be all for my thesis paper...so I want to get a head start on it so that come December, I'll be done. So I have 10 books to read, that's I've already purchased, and will need to figure out some way to categorize my research.
  2. Red Cross Disaster Training...I have no idea how long this training might be but it is something I would very much like to do and something that could benefit me in almost any country or situation.
  3. TESOL certification...I found this online place which sounds credible. It's a work-at-your-own-pace situation. Again this would be good in almost any future country or situation. I could easily do this program but the good time for me to start would be immediately and finish before my next class in May. My "conflict" is that this time would be a good time to start my thesis.
  4. Plus, I signed up to do some extra teaching at my youth group and for another youth group. So I'm already committed here.
The last thing I want to do is overextend myself. And at this moment I haven't started any of the three options but what do I do? I suppose I could try to do the TESOL and thesis paper at the same time. Disaster training can wait, I guess...

Life keeps moving.

No comments: