Friday, January 15

Random Sevens

**Ryan at This is Reverb challenged his readers to post 7 random items on their blogs, like he did today. So I decided to follow suit and added to my earlier post from this morning.

1. You know you are getting old when...

My sister went to get a facial yesterday at a beauty school, which didn't end up happening. While she was waiting, True Colors by Cyndi Lauper, started playing over the speakers.

One student walked up to her teacher and asked, "Is this Jessica Simpson?"

My sister called me shortly after because she knew I'd enjoy it!

2. One reason I dislike living in western Washington...

During the rainy season (November-April) there are times I seriously never warm up. The cold and wetness seeps into my bones and even when I'm in a warm building, I will still feel cold for hours. It is on days like this that I wish I lived in the prairies where even though it is even colder there, the air is dry and you warm up within minutes of going inside.

3. I am in need of socks...

I have been in need of more socks for probably about two months. The awful thing is that I continue to throw away pair after pair and still haven't bought replacments. I am probably down to about 4 pairs of every day socks and 4 pairs of "dressy" socks. Time to go shopping...

4. My dear friend...

I got an email today from a dear friend in Holland...one of my best friends...she is going to through a hard time at work and might quit her job. She mentioned that if she quits, she is going to try to come to Washington for a visit and rest. Is it wrong for me to hope that she comes?

5. A weird smell...

When I stepped into my apartment yesterday, I smelled a weird smell, which isn't good considering that I was expecting guests last night. I followed my nose and found some disgusting old potatoes in my pantry. All sprouting and moldy and leaking through the bag. Quite awful...

I immediate bagged up the grossness, grabbed some bleach cleaner, wiped it all up, and left for dinner. I didn't notice the smell once I returned home after dinner...I hope I solved the problem. I hope the guests didn't smell anything.

6. A new recipe...

I love scouring recipes. I found a new recipe that I want to try this weekend (not that I need to try it...). I'll grab a jar of my blueberry or cherry pie filling to go with it.

7. I love Peanuts...



The benefits of being a younger sibling...

1 comment:

Annie said...

Hi! I'm just stopping by from Reverb. No, you it's not bad that you want your friend to come for a visit (we girls are like that!) and there is NOTHING worse than rotten potatoes! Eww!

Nice blog!

http://afriedrick.blogspot.com/2010/01/random-seven.html