Tuesday, December 1

News Flash!!!

Don't you ever wish that God would just hang a huge neon sign, all flashing and twinkling, right in front of you with directions on what He wants you to do?

I feel that way All.The.Time! Okay...not all the time...only when I get impatient with God.

Does He want me to be a missionary?
Does He want me to be a missionary with the Christian & Missionary Alliance or a different agency?
What job/ministry does He have planned for me on the mission field?
Does my Master's degree fit into that or should I be looking at something different?
What (really) is my Master's degree preparing me to do?
And at some point, will He bring along a husband? (God, a simple yes or no would suffice!)

These questions can drive a lady crazy! At times I feel no further along life's path than when I was 18 and fresh out of high school. But I know that's not true. God has been faithful to reveal things to me and to guide me all these years. I am nowhere close to where I used to be. But am I anywhere close to where I want to be?

Well, I've come to realize that God has provided some signs...they may lack the neon colors and flashing lights but they are still there.

"He has shown you, o Mindy, what is good. And what the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength...love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:30-31

"Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation" Mark 16:15

How is that for direction? Seems pretty clear to me.

No comments: