Monday, November 16

Chewing Too Much???

Approximately five or six weeks ago, I had dinner with my mentor. I proceeded to rattle off all the things I was going to do and focus on in my life (work, school, youth group, regular exercise, daily Bible reading, Bible Study, etc...) and she looked at me, with a twinkle in her eye (no, she isn't Mrs. Claus) and casually wondered if I was suddenly taking on too much. I think this is where I felt a surge of super-human strength, superior clarity of mind and confidently assured her it was all about balance and I was certain I would be able to handle it all just fine.

(he, he, he...giggle, giggle...Ha, Ha)

In the five weeks I've been in school, I have exercised a grand total of four times. And due to school stresses, I've been doing homework while walking on the treadmill which means I'm not breaking a sweat because I'm reading. (Anyone think that one 30-minute non-sweating walk-a-week will help me out? Anyone? Anyone? Hello?)

As for my daily Bible reading, I'm doing better at this than exercising but am not quite at the "daily" level yet. According to my schedule, I should be reading Leviticus 11-13 today. Umm...yeah....I'm currently at Exodus 21...a few days behind.

I am managing to get to work 5 days a week...so that's good...that counts for something right? And I'm keeping up with my homework (but let's not talk about the final project due in two weeks that I haven't started), so that's good too. And I've faithfully attended youth group over the last 5-6 weeks. So I guess I'm doing okay, right? (I'm sure my mentor is laughing at me now, shaking her head!)

No comments: