Monday, June 1

Reading New Books

I love reading books for the first time. The intensity of my interaction with the book is always much greater as I emotionally interact with the characters and their story line. Sure, I do have my favorite books that I read over and over, but the initial reading is always the best.

I remember when I was in middle school (maybe younger) when I read the Anne of Green Gables series. In the last book, Rilla of Ingleside, something happened unexpectedly that upset me so much, I immediately started crying and threw the book across the room.

Perhaps its not a good thing that I get so swepted up into a book...in fact, I can think of a few reasons myself...but I love the fact that God has given me the imagination and ability to identify with people and their stories, even through books.

So what am I currently reading? The Twilight Saga. I'm on the third book and I tell you, its very hard to focus on my school work while working through the series. The only consolation is that I don't currently own book 4. So theoretically, after finishing my current book, I'll focus on my school work and grab book 4 in July when I'm finished with my class.

I'm enjoying the series very much...to the point where I want to read more than anything else and end up dreaming at night about the storyline. I figured I'd enjoy the series since so many people have commented on how good they are. My plan was to read the entire series in July, once I have a break from school. However, in the airport last week, my plane was delayed so I wandered over the book store, saw "Twilight," bought it and been consumed since then.

I should have waited.

No comments: