Friday, June 19

My Thinking Cap

Fridays are usually a quiet day at work. Therefore it becomes my day to work on the stack of papers that sit there neglected until I have time. So today, I'm diving into chocolate. My company used to represent a Belgian chocolate company (yummy chocolate!) and our largest customer was Costco (chocolate chunk muffin)...we were fired from the chocolate company about a year ago now?? Anyhow, before we got fired we set up all these contracts (lucky us!) with a couple of our customers which means that even though we've been fired, we still get the brokerage. I have 4 checks and statements I now have to sort through...probably 3 days of work. Ugh...hopefully today I can make a good segway into my 4 statements because once I finish with those then I need to find out if the chocolate company has paid off the contracts already or how much more we should expect to receive...probably another 2 day job. Maybe all this chocolate work deserves a chocolate treat! :)

Tomorrow I'm having a meeting with my sister and my church's women's ministry team leader to discuss a book club that my sister and I are overseeing. It's been awhile since I've played in the kitchen so I've decided to make quiche...a wonderful recipe that I've tried before and will tweak a bit for tomorrow. I'm substituting Half&Half for the Heavy Cream and doing less onion. I'm excited about that.

My goal for this weekend is to make progress on my current class' final project. We have to do a research report using data. I chose the topic: Would the Great Commission Fund (a fund to support missionaries by the Christian & Missionary Alliance) be adequately supported if the C&MA required all churches to give a portion of their annual church tithing? This is a huge question and I don't have the time to research this topic as fully as possible but I have been given a wonderful amount of information for me to work through. Over the course of my class I've moved from dread over my topic (wondering why I chose it in the first place) to determination/survival (hunker down and get it done) to eagerness (this is a good topic and worthy of being researched). My paper is due 06/27 but I'm hoping to get it mostly done this weekend so that I have all next week to tweak it.

I have two weeks of school left...I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am for that. I will then have about 3 months of a blissful break to catch up on non-school books, get outside for a walk or two (I'm a Washingtonian albino by now), play in the kitchen a bit more, and spend time with friends!

No comments: