Thursday, March 19

Perspective

So, one of the ministries I am currently involved in is the AWANA program at my church. This is the first year I have been involved with AWANA since my days of being in the program. I did AWANA from kindergarten through sixth grade. When I was done, I thought, "I'll never do AWANA again."

So what changed?

Last summer I was feeling a great burden to get involved in ministry. I felt that my relationship with God was on stand-still, having absorbed lesson and Bible Studies to the gills but not sharing anything through ministry. So I prayed that God would give me a ministry and He gave me AWANA, which I acceptd nervously.

Oh-how-I-am-loving-AWANA!

I tell you, I have so much fun with those girlies! I only wish I had more time to spend with them. Furthermore, I wish I wasn't so busy with school that I could work through books with them...how cool would it be for me to say my sections to them! Anyhow, I have a relatively small group of girls, ranging from 4-6th grade. I love listening to verses they have memorized and encouraging them to do so. I love cheering them on in the games. I love watching them listen to the leader at council time, hearing truths of God.

Whenever I leave, no matter how I feel upon arriving, I always ALWAYS leave happy!

No comments: