Friday, March 13

Some Favorite Things

Today I thought I'd share a bit of my favorites (really it's because I can't think of anything else to write...school and work are simply not super exciting!)

Top 5 Funny Movies:
1. Robin Hood: Men In Tights
2. Dumb and Dumber
3. Princess Bride
4. Daddy Day Care
5. Home Alone

Top 5 Romantic Movies (I had to create two movie categories since there are many good ones):
1. Pride and Prejudice
2. Persuasion
3. The Holiday
4. Serendity
5. White Christmas...I know this isn't really a romance movie but it's a favorite.

Top 5 Music Artists:
1. Sara Groves
2. Natalie Merchant
3. Watermark
4. Diana Krall
5. Michael Buble

Top 5 Books:
1. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
2. The Knight and the Dove by Lori Wick
3. Girl Meets God by Lauren Winner
4. A Return to Modesty by Wendy Shalit
5. Mitford Series by Jan Karon

Top 5 Foods:
1. Coffee
2. Thai curry
3. Mexican: tacos, enchiladas, burritos...its all good
4. Carrot cake
5. Pizza

Top 5 Places I'd Love to Visit:
1. Italy, Greece, or Croatia...all about the water and old structures
2. Cambodia...to visit Jumpah Ministries and the Ratzloffs
3. Kiev, Ukraine...to see the Rundstroms and visit a place from my past
4. Israel...how cool to walk in place that Christ and other Bible people have lived and walked.
5. Alaska...I'd love to go way up North...like to the tundra
(6. Puerto Rico...for some reason I've long wanted to visit this island)
(7. To visit any missionary...I'd love to see what God is doing in their parts of world...Kenya, Bosnia, Macedonia, Russia...not picky...anywhere is good)

Top 5 Dreams:
1. Get married
2. Be a missionary
3. Have kids
4. Take a few cooking classes
5. Graduate with all "A's" in my Master's degree...so far, so good!

I think that's good for now. Feel free to share some of your top 5's.

2 comments:

Jerry and Kim said...

hey, fun to read your favorites list, thanks for sharing! hope your day at work improves!!!
: D

Sarah Taylor said...

Yes on Sara Groves! Yes on Pride and Prejudice. And I'm reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan for the second time. I think you might enjoy!