Friday, March 20

Cinnamon Rolls

I love cinnamon rolls. Every once in a while I get a hankering for a nice warm soft cinnamon. As a single person, making cinnamon rolls is not condusive to eatting healthy because there is nobody to share them with (unless I make them for a specific reason). Then consequently, I'd end up eatting them all, which is never good.

I came across the following recipe which only makes 8, doesn't require yeast and are very easy to make. I made them this past Tuesday and they turned out beautiful and delicious. After making them, I modified the recipe below a bit based on what I'd do if/when I make them again.

Cinnamon rolls
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves

2 ½ cups all purpose flour
½ tsp salt
1 ¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 ¼ cup buttermilk

Glaze:
2 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp buttermilk (milk will work just fine)
1 cup powdered sugar


**The directions are a bit long so the website this recipe came from is attached. You'll find that I tried to cut in half the inside brown-sugar goodness. I found it to be too much as the attached recipe calls for and think half would be just fine!

If you'd enjoy an easy, fast and good cinnamon roll recipe, then this is for you! Enjoy!

No comments: