Friday, January 23

A Little Bit of Grace

Yesterday and today have found me extremely frustrated at work. I seem to have a handful of "emergency" situations and find myself with my hands tied, so to speak, by waiting on others to return emails and phone calls. I work in the food industry, which has been a good job but is definitely not where I am called long-term. So, in the midst of my frustration, I keep thinking, "If only I was in ministry...and not here." As if by being in a different job, the job I'm heading towards, I'd be free of frustrations or would be better able to handle them.

It dawned on my just a moment ago that I am called here to the food industry. God has me in this job for His timing and purpose. Yes, this may not be a life-changing eternal-impacting type of job but I am here nonetheless and have the opportunity to touch many people lives by the way I interact with them.

I just need to show others a bit of grace, understanding that I don't know what is going on at their work and they need support, not condemnation or judgment. God has shown me oodles of grace that I did not deserve, even now when I'm slightly cranky.

No comments: