Tuesday, January 31

A humbling and fueling thought

This week is missions week at my church...probably my favorite week of the whole church year! Over the last four years, I've known or had connections to one of two visiting missionaries, three of the four years, thanks to my time in Germany. Love my little denomination family!

The missionary who spoke yesterday, serves in Mali and shared,
"52% of the population, in Mali, is under the age of 25."

And then, in the book Kisses from Katie, I learned that of Uganda's 30 million population, in January 2011, "approximately 50 percent of those people are under the age of fourteen."

Heart-wrenching.

But Jesus called for them, saying, “Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."
Luke 18:16
Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6

No comments: