Monday, May 9

Reminders from Isaiah

I am the LORD, I have called You in righteousness,
I will also hold You by the hand and watch over You,
And I will appoint You as a covenant to the people,
As a light to the nations,

I will lead the blind by a way they do not know,
In paths they do not know I will guide them
I will make darkness into light before them
And rugged places into plains
These are the things I will do,
And I will not leave them undone.

Isaiah 42:6, 16 (NASB)
I grabbed my journal last night. I write so rarely in it but was feeling the need last night to put down a few thoughts that have been weighing on me. I took a minute at the end, to flip back to previous entries and found one from a year ago that included Isaiah 42:16. I remember how when I found this verse, it struck me that I felt like I was the blind person, unable to see what God was doing and where God was leading me. A year later, while some things have changed or developed, I still feel in the dark...very much in need of God's guidance and voice. I love the promise that He is present and is leading me.
 
There may be some "darkness" in my life now but the Lord promises light. And even more than that, He promises to use me to be a light for others. Oh, how I pray that would be so.

No comments: