Thursday, May 5

Gratitude revisited

Every once in awhile, I feel the need to revisit the need for gratitude in my life. Usually I am challenged about this when I journey through worries or frustrations. That is when I need gratitude most.

At the Lutheran school I attended, we had one teacher who frequently said, "Attitude check!" and all the students would respond with "Praise the Lord!" It's about moving the head from downwards to outwards/upwards. Easier said than done, some times.

Anyhow, I found this checksheet, from A Holy Experience, that gives me a chance to list one thing I'm grateful for each day during the month of May. It's not too late to join in, if you'd like. I have this sitting at my work desk and each morning I've written down something that I'm grateful for from the last day. Writing them down, I find, serves as a reminder that I am not forgotten. God has His handprints all over!

Praise the Lord indeed!

No comments: