Monday, February 7

Tidbits from Saturday to Monday

I submitted the rough draft for the first three chapters of my thesis paper, on Saturday. I hit the send button around 2pm and then spent the rest of Saturday and Sunday basking in sweet relief.

Now I'm waiting...waiting for my advisor to send me back the rough draft with his thoughts and the probable thousand markups! Then it's back to the drawing board...tweaking, re-writing, re-wording myself, adding, subtracting and then moving onto chapter four.

I think, in some ways, I've added too much of my own voice into this academic paper. But we'll see what the advisor says. I'm not sure what will come from this simple paper on suffering but I would really love to try my hand at a devotional, a book, or a Bible Study. However, then part of me wonders what do I possibly have to offer when I have so minimally suffered myself...
______________

Today, my parents have been married for 35 years!
I love that! And I love them.
They got married in 1976, the bi-centennial year of our country's independence. So their wedding colors were red, white and blue. hahaha! Needless to say, my mom was the white-dressed member of her party! And so was my dad, come to think of it.

I am mildly jealous that they are jetting off to warm, sunny Hawaii while I remain in cool, wet Washington. But I won't complain as I already have my fun trip planned for the end of March.
______________

I've shared before that a verse that my mentor gave to me was Habakkuk 2:3:
For the vision is yet for the appointed time;
It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail
Though it tarries, wait for it;
For it will certainly come, it will not delay.
The missionary who spoke at my church yesterday, preached on this verse. Her theme was:
"Delays does not mean denials. Victories are always wrapped up in struggles."

I think she was preaching only to me. :)

No comments: