Tuesday, October 12

Overwhelmed.

I hate that stifling, almost choking, feeling of being overwhelmed.

Lately, whenever I look at my work/personal calendar, that feeling has crept up and I end feeling close to panicking and crying.

Between working 40 hours a week, trying to make progress in my thesis paper, squeeze in exercise, visit my Dutch friend, chiropractor appointments, church commitments, accommodating my co-worker's always pending/changing schedule, spending time with God, a movie with my sister, sleep, eat, and have a mental down-time or two, can you blame me for feeling overwhelmed?

So, my action plan: Yesterday I postponed or cancelled two of this week's commitments, which helps. I think I'm going to have to tell my friend that I'll only be able to see her once or maybe twice this week, until the weekend. As for exercise, I still have it penciled in but I might reduce how often I go. I brought my computer to work today to utilize my lunch hour, which is something I haven't done in a while. I'm planning and prepared to "fight" my co-worker to have Friday off work and maybe Monday, which would really help!

I know things will get done...they always do. So I am trying to not worry about it and just take a deep breath until the panic passes but what I'd like to do is to run off to Hawaii with my school work and just work on that and be! One can dream, right?

Oh one side note, my last Master's class (with the exception of the looming thesis paper) starts next Monday. Hooray!

No comments: