Thursday, October 7

Mindy's Amusing Moment

At my apartment complex, there are several garbage "stations." In each station, there are two garbage dumpsters; one for garbage and one for recycling.

My sister and I have a box in our apartment that we throw all our recyclables into and then we alternate times to take it out to the dumpster. (Amy always notifies me when it is my turn to do it...bless her heart...and then she keeps reminding me until I actually do it...isn't that lovely?) So this morning, I grabbed my work bag and the box and tromped outside.

I should mention that the station closest to our apartment is right next to people's apartments. I mean, their windows are right behind the station, which I'm always aware of since the only time I take garbage and recyclables out is in the morning, before leaving for work, at 7:30am.

So I walked to the station and started to tip the recyclables into their dumpster. A glass bottle immediately fell into the dumpster making all kinds of loud racket as it hit the metal bottom, which made me all the more "nervous" for those poor people in the neighboring apartments. So I quickly decided that I would just put the recyclables in my car and take care of it after work when I come home.

This didn't strike me as odd or crazy until I walked out of the station, carrying my garbage, only to encounter two other people walking to their cars, who must have thought that I was a garbage diver or a cleaned up homeless person. Clearly, when you leave the garbage station, you are supposed to leave the garbage inside but no, I'm taking it with me. Needless to say, I was slightly embarassed but then started laughing as I got in my car.

C'est la vie!

No comments: