Monday, September 20

Friends in town

I had a friend and her sister (now also a friend) in town this past weekend. (My friend and I had worked together in Germany. And even though we now live about 4 hours apart, it has been 2 years since I've seen her.)
It was lovely.

We talked, we laughed, we listened and share with one another.
We giggled, we tromped around Seattle, we watched a movie.
We ate Thai goodness, saw a troll, meandered around a farmers/flea market.
We made plans to see each other again.
Sooner than before.

Connecting with friends is valuable. It's a pause to my busy, crazy, and sometime boring and mundane life. It's a balm to my soul. I feel content and even re-energized.

Now I just need to wait until my friend from Holland comes to visit in October! Can't wait!

No comments: