Sunday, August 15

Baptism

The symbol of death
resurrection
hope
new life
restoration

The old self
scarred
flawed
depraved
fearful

Down into the water
to be washed
cleansed
renewed
changed

The new self
redeemed
rejoicing
demonstrative
reflective

A portrayal of the Savior
of the life that only He can bring
A wondrous occasion
to show, though me, our King

**Five people were baptized at my church today. I love watching baptisms and always find tears in my eyes when I see them or hear about them. They are such a beautiful reminder of how God has changed my life. Perhaps the best baptisms I've seen were those I witnessed in Germany...the Christian believers shared their testimonies, which were always amazing to hear, followed by a verse/encouragement from a mentor/leader and concluded with a prayer of blessing over them...so perfect. But regardless of what is included in the baptism or not, the symbolism is powerful. It's humbling and exciting to consider just how much the Holy Spirit wants to transform that person and use them to permeate godliness within the church and community!

No comments: