Thursday, July 22

Do you see what I see?

Last year I went to Germany for a visit that was much too short.

I saw some of my kiddos. Managed a visit to the Eis Cafe for some oh.so.good gelato. Managed a visit to the doner kebap haus for a bit of doner goodness! Had a cappuchino with a dear former Bible study leader. And surprisingly, was even able to squeeze in a trip to the beautiful city of Basel, Switzerland with my dear friend!

Ahhh Basel...every trip has been a treat!

This particular visit Shelia and I went to Starbucks for coffee and then walked around a few of the cobblestone streets. Much to our surprise, when we got to one of the main squares in the city we found ourselves watching beach volleyball.

Beach volleyball in the middle of the city! The closest "beach" to Basel are the banks of the Rhein river. But sure enough there were seats, sand, music, and players. Shelia and I watched for the tiniest amount and to commemorate this funny scene, I took the following picture:














It wasn't until I posted this on my facebook page, after the trip was over, that someone pointed out to me that the view would be better without the butt crack that I had never previously seen. How did I miss that? No idea! Clearly I was looking at the sand and the players instead of the guy on the side.

The moral of the story is that when you are trying to capture a "special" moment, make sure its not more "special" than you desired/expected. :)

1 comment:

matt said...

First thing I saw in the picture was the butt crack.