Wednesday, July 28

A Cooking Frenzy

I have been in a experimental mood lately in the kitchen.
A good way to procrastinate from my thesis paper.

Here's two good things I've enjoyed lately:

Asian Noodle Salad: Although I tweaked this recipe and mine had all green veggies. I also used Yakisoba noodles instead of linguine noodles. Very tasty although this makes a huge amount of salad once you throw everything in, especially when cooking for one person. Be ye warned!

Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups: This ended up being very easy! You do have to let them bake in a low-temperature oven for 8-10 hours but enjoyable!


Things I'll be making soon:


Marshmallows: I'm just going to make these because it sounds fun and interesting. I might add Maple flavor for kicks.

Dulce de Leche: Again, just sounds amusing! I might give it away as a gift...I might make this coffee treat...who knows!

Split Pea Soup: Doesn't this sound good? Granted if our 80 degree weather continues, I'll be putting this one off a bit. I might be tempted if it drops into the 70s.

Banana Split Ice Cream Cake: Today is my sister's birthday and tomorrow us siblings are having dinner together (guess who's cooking?). This gorgeous cake is the chosen birthday cake. Can't wait to make it. And eat it!

That's it! I know...I'm probably insane...no wonder my thesis paper is coming along slowly, right?

None of the pictures are mine...they all belong to the recipe creators. And I should mention that all the recipes are from Tasty Kitchen...clearly I spend too much time perusing that site! Now, back to homework...

No comments: