Thursday, June 17

Potato & Ham Soup

I have been somewhat on a soup kick lately. Even if I'm not making soup, I'm looking at soup recipes. Soup, soup, soup, soup, soup...maybe it's because summer hasn't yet made it to Washington, but that's besides the point.

Last night was "sister dinner" day and I was in charge of planning and preparing the dinner. So I made Potato and Ham Soup with a side of cornbread...oh man, it still sounds so very good!

Let me briefly tell you about a little quirk of mine. Whenever I taste something that is super good (and typically its savory, not sweet, I find) I make these little involuntary sighs with each bite. It's pretty funny but I promise you that I do it without thinking. It's like I can't help myself.

Last night soup brought out the sighs again. It was that good!
If you like potato soup, try this one...it doesn't take long to throw together.

I should note that the only changes I made was to use bouillon cubes instead of granules....3 cubes for the recipe should do nicely. Plus I added dill and about a teaspoon of salt. Heavenly!

No comments: