Tuesday, May 11

Remembering a Year

This past year has flown by.

Today is my birthday and honestly I feel like I just did whole birthday thing not too long ago. So in order to prove that a full 12 months went by, I'm going to reminisce (or at least try to).
  • Oooh...I went to Germany and Holland right after my birthday, I think! Or maybe it was before...but anyways, it was a year ago. I wanted to visit my kiddos before my first batch of boys graduated and left the Black Forest Academy. I had a wonderful time visiting the kids, my friends and the place that I called home.
  • A class started while I was in Holland, which leads me to another key element to this past year. I took three classes this past year...which was good but busy. I remember my brain and body feeling a bit numb, not to mention exhaustion, a couple of times.
  • I organized and lead a book club for my church last summer: Same Kind of Different As Me. That was an interesting experience. Very good book!
  • I joined my church's youth leadership team at the end of summer/beginning of fall. Hmm...what to say? Working with youth is always a unique experience. I love my middle-schoolers though and found out that I love studying and teaching the Old Testament!
  • I saw The Nutcracker ballet for the first time after Thanksgiving...and thought it wasn't very Christmasy...even though the dancing, costumes, and music was all very beautiful!
  • In January, my church had the mission's conference. It was a very good week and encouraging time. The highlight was getting to talk to one of my BFA kiddo's parents who was visiting my church. He wanted to talk about my time at BFA and it was sooooo good to be heard and understood.
  • Ooh...I went to California in February to visit my grandparents. I love them...to prove that, I went without coffee and internet for a week!
  • I participated in a Jewish Seder...that was interesting.
  • I was going to attend a concert in April but forgot...and now May is here.
Movies that I saw (that I can recall):
  • Night at the Museum: Smithsonian (Funny...I liked it!)
  • The Proposal (very good)
  • All About Steve (dumb...don't waste your time)
  • The Blind Side (very good)
  • Sherlock Holmes (enjoyable)
  • Star Trek (surprisingly enjoyable)
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (yay, Harry!)
  • Up (didn't love it...didn't hate it)
  • Blind Date (don't see this...awful, awful...trust me!)
  • Did you hear about the Morgans? (thought it was funny)
  • Leap Year (it was okay...not bad)
  • Twilight: New Moon (better than the first movie)
  • Crazy Heart (good)
  • I Hate Valentine's Day (dumb...don't waste your time)
Okay, so I guess a full year did go by. I'll accept my new age.

May this next year be a time of God speaking into my life and being my vision. May He grant me wisdom, patience, and a heart for others. May He use me where He wants me, to bless others as He has blessed me. May I be more in love with Him this time next year. Amen and amen!

No comments: