Friday, April 9

"You are now free to move about the country"

And that is all I am able to do.
I am passport-less and I don't like it.

I'm trapped within the boundaries of the USA.
No Canada. No Mexico. No visiting my kiddos in Germany.
No visiting friends around the world.
No boldly going where no man has gone before unless it is somewhere in the USA.

For six weeks, I'm stuck.
Not that I had any plans, mind you...but that's besides the point.

I just miss my passport, that's all.
It's been a good travel companion these past 10 years.
The next one will have a lot to live up to...

2 comments:

My name is Cait said...

I've lost mine. Along with my birth certificate, lease documents, bank statements and pretty much every piece of important ID you need to do anything. I took them to the student payment services in a folder to be photocopied so I could be paid... and I have no idea where they all are. I too am stuck here and unable to open a new bank account or rent a different house... not that I had plans to but I just can't

Mindy said...

Cait, I think it's safe to say, that you have it worse than me. Hope you find everything...could they have been packed away?