Thursday, April 22

Software Woes

For several years, I have been lightly mulling over the thought of buying Bible software. I've had a few opportunities of buying software at a discounted rate but have always passed those up.

Honestly, I keep wondering "how often will I actually use this software?" I'm mean sure, I have been called to ministry but I am clueless as to what type of ministry that will be. Maybe it won't involve preaching or teaching. And if it does involve preaching/teaching, honestly, how likely am I do to a thorough word search, using Strong's Concordance/Lexicons/Etc.

So I have left all software thoughts pass me by.

But now, I'm working on my thesis paper on suffering.

I really need a Lexicon and guess what? My pastor only uses software which means his library isn't available for me to tap into. Is it time for me to give in? Is it worth me spending minimally $200 just for software that will be used for my thesis paper but who knows what else?

What to do? What to do?

**update** In the short time I've written this, I've decided that I'm not going to spend the money. While having everything at my fingertips on the computer, would be faster and easier, I'll be kickin' it old school by locating books and digging out my treasures. After all my hard work, I'll be more proud of myself and the paper, right? Right? Anyone? Bueller?

**update** My pastor is going to let me know use his Bible software when he's not busy working in the office...what a blessing!

1 comment:

My name is Cait said...

Go the software. Writing stuff is hard enough.
It's like saying I'm going to wash my clothes by hand because then when I wear them I'll know the hard work I put into keeping them clean.
I like Logos better than Bibleworks.