Tuesday, November 24

Thanksgiving Thankfulness, Part 1

I have a friend who is love and joy in flesh. I've known her for about 12 years but have only become close over the last 6 years.

She is quick to ask how things are going and will specifically inquire over certain elements of my life (school, time with God, running, ministry, boys, etc...whichever she knows is a main focus/struggle at that time). Because of her direct yet warm-hearted questions, I am continually challenged, both from conviction and encouragement, to persevere and to seek what is good.

She is so good at inquiring about me and getting me to talk that I find at times after we've met together, I have failed to inquire about her since I talked. The. Whole. Time. She has offered me such support and prayers over the years. I would not be me without her.

She is presently going through some health struggles: feeling tired, in pain, and even a bit weepy. And yet, she trusts God to provide for her and finds joy wherever joy is to be found. Due to her steady flow of doctor's appointments and my current class load, we haven't been able to connect for about 2 months and I miss her. During this season of her life, I want to be someone who can support and pray over her. Thankfully, prayers are not bound by struggles or commitments.

In the season of thanksgiving, I am thankful for her. God has made her wise, Jesus is her joy, and the Spirit draws people to Himself through her. When I grow up, I want to be like her and I think God is okay with that since she mirrors Him fairly well.

No comments: