Friday, November 20

...Now Showing on the Big Screen...

**This is my 100th post! Wow!**

Earlier this year, probably around in March, I had a brilliant idea! God, are you listening?

When I get to Heaven, I want to see the some Bible stories on a big screen. And to make it even better, to sit with the Bible characters while watching...personal commentaries! Hello God...are you taking notes?

I got this idea when participating in a Bible Study on Esther. There's this great scene in the book of Esther where Esther comes before King Xerxes uninvited (which could mean death) and is granted the chance to ask what she wants of the king. In wisdom, she invites her husband and her enemy Haman to a meal, which of course, makes Haman feel like a million bucks because he doesn't know that he has made Esther his enemy by wanting to kill all the Jews. Oh to see the look on his face when he realised that Esther was a Jew...heeheehee. Not only do I want to see their faces and how they reacted to things but then to turn to Esther and ask her what were you thinking in that moment or this moment???

Reading the Bible is good but I want the Bible narrated to me in person and to watch it.

Granted, there is a lot in the Bible I'd rather not see...the Bible isn't exactly PG-rated. There's violence all over the Bible and I would have a hard time watching some stories/events. However I want to watch Joshua and the battle of Jericho. I want to watch the story of Ruth. I want to see creation happen...oh my....that would be good! I want to see Christ being born. God, is this possible? Please? Pretty please? I'll love you forever....okay, I'll love you forever regardless but still...please Lord? We can do Bible movie nights!

No comments: