Friday, January 30

Holiday Needed

Working with some people can be rather difficult. Its the personality differences that can be like a pebble in the shoe. Little things are made into big things or negative things. When you work on a smaller team, those differences are noticed even faster...this has been confirmed to me at a few different places I've worked.

Regardless if the person has a relationship with God or not, I try to be a kind, gracious person who shows the love of Christ. Usually I can handle the complaints well, trying to show a positive spin on the negative perspectives or graciously listen to what is said. However I am not perfect and usually after a cyclical amount of time, I get to a "breaking point." I get to the point where I feel snappy, short-fused, and desperate for coffee breaks away from anyone. At these moments, I know I need a vacation or at least a weekend. Two days away from normality for me to refresh and rest so that I can be a better person upon my return.

The song below reminds me to love. It also reminds me that "loving me the way I am" is no small thing either...I too am far from perfect.

"Loving a person just the way they are
it's no small thing
It takes some time to see things through
Sometimes things change
sometimes we're waiting
We need grace either way

Hold on to me I'll hold on to you
Let's find out the beauty of seeing things through

There's a lot of pain in reaching out and trying
It's a vulnerable place to be
Love and pride can't occupy the same spaces baby
Only one makes you free

Hold on to me I'll hold on to you
Let's find out the beauty of seeing things through

If we go looking for offense
We're going to find it
If we go looking for real love
We're going to find it"

By Sara Groves and Gordon Kennedy

No comments: