Friday, December 5

It gets worse before it gets better!

So on my school break "wish list" I mentioned the state of desperation that my apartment is in or maybe it's the state of desperation that I am in about my apartment...

Anyways, I decided to get started yesterday. Before work, I went through my bookshelf and took out a number of books I didn't want or knew I wouldn't read. (I have a number of school books that I don't want either but common sense told me I should probably hang onto them until I'm done with school.) Then, last night I pulled out a 55-gallon tote full of junk and who knows what and started sorting that. I made a pile to recycle, a pile to keep, and a pile to get rid off. My goal is to fill that tote back up with stuff to give away.

My apartment is messy! It was messy before I started and now that I have unloaded a 55-gallon tote, it's even more messy. But I fully anticipated that my apartment would get worse before it gets better. Maybe I should take photos to track my progress. At any rate, now is not the time for me to have guests OR maybe having guests would make me clean faster...

I think next I'll tackle my clothes which I anticipate will be an easy and quick job. Then comes the 2nd 55-gallon tote...which is loaded with a bunch of stuff from Germany. Not sure how much I can get rid of. That tote will be a slow job probably due to walks down memory lane.

Why am I doing all this (beside just cleaning up)? I still have stuff sitting at my parents house...I have so much stuff! My parents are retired and plan to eventually move so it would be great if I could minimize my belongings and free up their house of my stuff in the process. If you don't hear from me a few days, it may be that I got buried alive under all my stuff...sigh...

Switching topics...last night I made Chicken Pot Pie for dinner...a great way to use up turkey leftovers, if there is still some hanging around. I always tweak this recipe by adding potatos and a bit more salt because of the pototoes but the recipe is pretty good! Also tonight I'm going to start making the Nanaimo Bars that I mentioned below.

No comments: