Wednesday, November 5

Fired

I work for a food brokerage company. This means we are paid by certain companies who supply ingredients to perform a service for them, which involves submitting orders, trying to find new customers, filter complaints, and get paperwork. It's an interesting job...didn't know this type of job existed before I walked in the door.

Anyhow, our company got fired yesterday by one supplier that I work closely with. "It wasn't personal," they are firing a few of their brokers. Part of the reason might just be that with this economy, companies are trying find ways to maximize profits or it could just be bureaucratic leadership at its best.

Yesterday I was surprised but today I'm struggling with my anger. It's nobody's fault here and honestly I can't blame the supplier. I think I am more hurt than anything...there's nothing that can be done...I just need to adjust my attitude.

No comments: