Tuesday, November 11

Family Week

I attend two churches every Sunday! Yep, two! I've been attending "My" church since I was 9 (almost 20 years) and love it there...they are family. But I started the "New" church only about two months ago for one of my school assignments and haven't left. I like the new church...small but good. But anyways, this post is about my church.

This week is family week...one week of the year where they cancel all programs to allow families to spend time together. As a single person, I say "hallelujah!" Seriously! You might think I'd be sad, lonely, or emotional because I have no family to spend time with unless I could somehow convince my younger brother to ditch his friends and hang out with me...slim chance of that! But instead, I rejoice! Here's why...the one weekday evening that I actually have something planned at my church, is now available for anything I wish!

I could (and should) invest that time in my homework.
I could go to the new church for a young adult Bible Study...get to know more people.
I could call up other friends and justify a coffee time!
I could even justify spending the whole night watching TV.

The options are boundless...how will I spend the two extra hours my church has just given me??? Sigh...oh bliss!

No comments: