Monday, August 29

A Young Man Lacking Sense

*I am doing a guest post (eek!) over at BetaChristian, a New Yorker who enjoys coffee and discussing spiritual things as much as I do! Every Monday, Moe has a running feature called Usual Suspects where he introduces a "lesser-known" Bible character. And this time, I got the privilege of contributing to it. So below is the start but then be sure go over to read the rest!

**a narrative adapted from Proverbs 7:6-28

They say it takes a village to raise a child.
I'm not sure our village can do any more for my neighbor's child, other than to pray to Yahweh.

My neighbor has a son and oh, the heartache this son has brought upon the heads of his parents. His father shakes his head. His mother wrings her hands. They continually desire to show him grace. They continually encourage him to walk in the way of our beloved King David, a man after God's own heart. But nothing seems to get through.

Even simple choices...things that are prudent and helpful...it's like he doesn't even consider those things that would help make life easier. He lacks common sense.

Continue reading...

4 comments:

Naomi said...

Enjoyed your guest post, well done!

Mindy said...

Thanks TC! It was fun to write.

Moe said...

Thanks again for your post Mindy. Fantastic! I really appreciate the willingness to do this.

Mindy said...

It was my pleasure, Moe.