Sunday, December 5

A Quiche Recipe

I love quiche!
But most quiches have crusts, whole milk or heavy cream, butter, etc...all things which make the quiche yummy and delicious but also add calories and fat. In a desire to make a healthier quiche, I came up with the following recipe, which I'm sharing with you!

1 medium yellow or russet potato, peeled, and sliced as thinly as possible.
2 stalks of leeks, sliced thinly up to the green leafy part
1 cup of sliced button mushrooms
2 Laughing Cow cheese wedges (I used the French Onion flavor), diced
4 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup 1% milk* (although any will do, I think)
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream (again any will do)
1 tsp of salt
1 or 2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 to 1 tsp of dill (or any other spice you fancy)

Preheat oven to 350 degree. Spray or butter a 9" pie pan. Layer the thinly sliced potatoes on the bottom. Add layers of sliced leeks, sliced mushrooms, and diced Laughing Cows (feel free to substitute whatever cheese you have on hand...I just wanted to make mine healthier).

In a separate bowl, whisk 4 eggs until well beaten. Add in sour cream and stir until well mixed. Add in milk and seasonings and mix well. Pour over the vegetable layers. Bake in oven for approximately 40 minutes.


*I'm guessing on a few of the measurements since I didn't measure when I made this. The milk, for example, it may be only 1/4-1/3 cup that I used. You don't want to add to much...

**I was very pleased at how this came out. Good taste, didn't seem to be lacking anything, and good texture. Hope you enjoy it too, if you make it. Let me know if there are any questions!

No comments: