Monday, July 12

A Plan of Attack

As of yesterday, another class is done. I only have one more class (Intercultural Communication) and my thesis paper remaining!

In August, I start my thesis paper class but during these six weeks prior to the class, I want to make great segue into the paper. Feeling a little bit ambitious, my goal during these six weeks is to write my introduction and first two chapters. This means that I need to finish my research or at least get well enough into it that I can start formulating thoughts.

So, since time is of the essence, I'm going to do my best to be uber-productive and have written out a schedule of my time for the whole week. Each week I'm going to create a schedule for the upcoming week, to keep me focused and minimize procrastination.

Each week, my goal will be to read two books...which includes adding important quotes or thoughts into my computer. Each day, my goal is to read a minimum of 2-3 hours. This of course, does not apply to the weekend where I should be able to read 4-6 hours! Hopefully by the end of July I can start formulating my thoughts into some kind of structure.

Doesn't this sound well thought out?

What this nice blurb does not account for is the fact that I am overseeing a book-club which needs my devoted attention now that my class is done, a book club finale/celebration that is three weeks away and still needs to be planned, days where I won't feel like reading or doing anything homework related, spur-of-the-moment times to hang out with friends or family, or any other unforeseen event.

So come August 23rd when my thesis paper class starts, ask me then how much I've accomplished and we shall see if this post was just a product of wishful thinking or willful determination. Wish me luck!

No comments: