Wednesday, November 4

Christmas, cooking, class

Have I told you about my neighbor? Ahh yes...right here. Well, last night he serenaded me again. His choice of song? The First Noel...I think someone is ready for Christmas! It made me chuckle.

I can definitely tell it is fall/winter season, mainly because I'm in the cooking mood again. Munchies, comfort foods, sweets, etc! Of course, it could also be because I'm in school again. When I'm taking classes, cooking/baking becomes a therapeutic and creative outlet for me. It gives me a break from readin', writin' and arithmetic (except for arithmetic, which isn't a part of my degree) and allows me a few moments of joy. I have pumpkin puree sitting in my freezer and I'm contemplating making Pumpkin Pudding and/or Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. Plus, I was in the mood for Chex Mix when I last went grocery shopping, which I've already made, and now have extra Chex to use up...do I try to make Caramel Popcorn only with Chex instead of popcorn or Muddy Buddies? But really...do I need all or any of that food hanging around my home? NO (shaking head vigorously)!!! So I need to time my food-making with activities which allow me to share the calories. Right now, my calendar is pretty light, not that I'm complaining. (Although I suppose I could just share without activities...I do have plans to interact with people...I'm not a hermit.) We'll see...

Week 3 of my class...I'm not sure I've adjusted to the school schedule yet, mainly because my first two weeks were quite busy. I need to get into a rhythm which is conducive to the class assignments and stink-load of reading I have to do each week. Not there yet. I have an assignment that is due every Wednesday by 10pm...I'm not ready to do it today because I haven't even done half of my reading yet. Oy vey! It will get done...it always does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your pumpkin goodies sound great....I'm willing to buy the coffee if you bring the treat.
Deb